Visibility and Depth
- Visibility of 100 feet or 30 meters often is present in the Galapagos waters.
- You shall expect a visibility from 50 to 80 feet or 15 to 25 meters in most of the diving places.
- In some areas and in some seasons due to the richness of phytoplankton, green waters are present.
- This planktonic algae is the first step in the trophic chain and is necessary to sustain all marine life at the islands.
- All dives are between 15 and 25 meters because this is where you encounter most of the marine life in the Galapagos. Maximum depth for dives is 30 meters.