Conditions for diving
Diving conditions in Galapagos are considered medium/hard due to the currents, depth, shape, temperatures and fauna found in the dive sites.
- Dive Temperatures
- The range of surface temperature of the sea is from 18ºC to 30ºC, the archipelago is on the cool side but not extremely cold.
- Ocean Currents
- The waters of the Galapagos archipelago have medium to strong currents for diving, the humboldt current crosses the Islands.
- Visibility and Depth
- Visibility of 100 feet (30 meters) and all dives are between 15 and 25 meters, previous dive experience is necessary
- Length Number Of Dives
- Time depends on air consumption a person can do 2 to 4 dives per day depending on several factors. More dives are achieved on liveaboards.
- In the Galapagos marine reserve, there are dive sites for all levels of diving experience: beginners, intermediate and advanced.