Galapagos travel - wildlife activity highlights for the month of September
- Peak of the cold (garúa) season
- The air temperature reaches its lowest levels (19C-66F)
- Galapagos Penguins show remarkable activity on Bartolome.
- Since May swimmers and snorkelers can be delighted at Bartolome with penguins active at the surface or torpedo-like while underwater.
- Sea lions are very active. Females have reached estrus stage, and so harem-gathering males are constantly barking and fighting. Shore fighting is heavy. Western and central islands are the most active ones in terms of sea lions' activities.
- Most species of sea birds remain quite active at their nesting sites.